12 January 2013

Change



Nostalgia - I find it such a strong emotion. I love delving into the past - discovering a bit about your history; the paths and the journeys that led to my path, my journey.

This house holds much nostalgia for me, where bricks and mortar do intertwine with emotion and history.  A place of my dad's childhood and youth, many memories for him of which I only know a few. 

It makes me think of our girls, the memories and moments which make up their wee lives - all we do which becomes a part of them, of who they are, who they will become...these will one day be lost to all but them and us...even their children will only get a glimpse.  

I don't like change, a fear of life changing - it doesn't come easy for me.  
As this home is put up for sale, it means change.  Nothing that directly affects my life but change none the less, a severing from the past.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares The Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

This is what I must rest in, I don't have to worry about the future, about what change may come.  In a life that will hold much change I must live in the moments fully, to savour them and to be thankful.

No comments: